- Check-in time is 4:00 pm
- Check-out time is 11:00 am
- There is baggage storage available for early or late arrivals and/or departures.
If late check-out is required please contact us before 11:00 am. If it is possible to stay later, the charge of $10.00 + taxes per hour after 12:00 noon will be applied. Any check outs after 4:00 pm will be subject to one night charge.
Guest Registration & Deposit Policy:
Upon check-in all guests are required to present a credit card with proper photo identification. Credit cards are charged for an amount to cover room and taxes in full for the entire stay. If you wish to pay by cash you will be charged room rates and taxes for the entire stay plus $150.00 (refundable deposit) to cover possible incidental charges. NO CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED. We accept cash, e-transfer and charge cards (M/C and Visa). For group bookings and families, a $300 damage deposit will be charged. If inspection is satisfactory then you will be reimbursed. Guests must be 18 years of age to rent a room.
Cancellation/No show Policy:
Reservations cancellation or change of arrival date must be done 24 hours prior to original booking arrival date to avoid the first room night and taxes charged to your credit card. If a cancellation occurs for any reason without sufficient notice, we will try our best to fill the reservation to avoid charging a cancellation fee.
Early Departure Policy:
One room night and taxes will be charged to any guest that checks out prior to the original departure date. This charge may be avoided by providing a minimum 24 hour notice of departure change.
All rates are subject to change without notice, please confirm rate at time of booking. For children age 5 and up there is an additional charge of $25.00 + taxes per night per child (subject to change).
Pets are not permitted at Moon Gate Guest House.
Smoking/Damage: Smoking is not permitted in the guest house.
- Evidence of smoking will result in a $150. plus taxes cleaning charge.
- Damage and/or missing items will be billed at the applicable rate.
Extra Person Policy:
Rates are based on two person occupancy. Extra adults are not allowed in the rooms.
Sauna/Laundry Use Policy:
- No food or alcohol is allowed in the sauna. Water is permitted.
- Sauna use is once per day. An additional fee will be charged in excess of this.
- The laundry room is not for guest use unless in the case of long term stay with prior arrangements.
- Moon Gate is heated/cooled with a geothermal system. Excessive use will be charged an extra fee.
- We offer recycling bins and expect guests to use them appropriately.
- We offer a compost bin and expect guests to use them appropriately.
- Bottled water is not permitted. The tap water at Moon Gate is excellent drinking water. Bring a reusable bottle.
- Because we live in the country and use a septic system, we encourage guests to not flush each time the washroom is used. If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down. Please do not flush feminine products!
- We offer locally made goat milk soap for your use. We prefer you use bar soap versus liquid soap as it does not contain micro beads which are polluting the water.
- Try to keep your waste to a minimum.